• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Everyone » Introductions » Hola~~
Hola~~
ArarakiDate: Thursday, 07 July 2011, 11:07 AM | Message # 1
Leecher
Group: Translator
Awards: 0
Hi! =3
Uhm, I thought I should introduce myself....
I'm the new translator in the group, nice to meet you! =D
I'm actually brazilian, but I'm currently studying in australia until the end of the year... doing marine biology! I love animals but I guess not that much... I'm super lazy and slow, and ALWAYS procrastinating. =P But I love being lazy, specially during study break when I can sleep for like 14 hours non stop <3 I shouldn't, and I try not to, but sometimes I can't control myself.
I love, love, love reading mangas and watching animes but I'm not that dedicated...(?!) My dad got me into them, he bought those big magazines for me and my sister, but then we had to stop because they started getting so expensive... and also mom was complaining ^^' I rarely finish reading any story or whatever... Although they never bore me. orz. And I was sooo close to finish FMA! D:
I used to read in japanese, so I thought translating wouldn't be a problem, but it actually takes a lot of effort! o.O Anyways, I'm getting bashed by those translations but I'm learning a lot, and I just wish I was a little bit more of an otaku to understand everything more easily... XD

Enfim... That was my introduction attempt... wrote too much... orz but too lazy to edit.... I hope we can get along well ^3^ Cheers! (hehe I adopted this as my favourite word, it's so cute and happy)

nfiniteDate: Friday, 08 July 2011, 12:36 PM | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Awards: 2
Yay for procrastination! Sounds cool though, marine biology. What would you be doing with the degree?

Brazil has quite the Japanese population... are you part Japanese by any chance? Sounds awesome to have had a parent who introduced you to manga :P

Yeah, it's strange how languages work, right? In your mind it all makes sense; and you have the idea, but then putting those thoughts back into words is sometimes tough surprised

Looking forward to the finished products you're a part of!

ArarakiDate: Friday, 08 July 2011, 7:15 PM | Message # 3
Leecher
Marine Bio rocks! =P huehue but yeah it is very interesting. I still don't know what I'm going to go with it, though... Maybe I'll do post grad and volunteer in conservation entities, or even work with management? I have no plan whatsoever orz

Aha, yeah my grandparents came from Japan (because they were poor) and stayed forever. My parents are both descended from japanese people, so that makes me kinda 100% japanese...? o.O I don't know how that works. I'm a sansei. Haha it's cool being like that though. My grandpa's probably the one who put my dad and his brothers into it... and he still reads heaps of manga ^^ He's so cute =)

I use the word cute a lot. I know what you mean!!! English isn't my first language, and it sucks so also I have to have a port-english dictionary open when I'm doing the translations, too.... XD but internet is so, so helpful! And I love wikipedia!!!! ><

Looking forward to the finished products you're a part of!

Kyah me too!!!!!! huehueheu XD It's my first time as a translator, so I'm really excited about it! =D I read Despri... she's so random! xD Waiting for the next eps! =) Cheers o/

SavirleoDate: Friday, 08 July 2011, 7:40 PM | Message # 4
Group: Staff
Awards: 1
welcome to the group. looking forward to working with you. and if there are misspellings that the proofreader somehow missed, my grammar nazi side will take over and fix it.

ArarakiDate: Saturday, 09 July 2011, 7:58 PM | Message # 5
Leecher
Thank you sirrr!!! o>
ketaketaketa I really hope I don't make that many mistakes; I'll try my best... -_- But I'm counting on you! =)

MayDate: Sunday, 10 July 2011, 6:34 AM | Message # 6
Group: Proofreader
hi and welcome to the group
biggrin

ArarakiDate: Saturday, 16 July 2011, 8:45 AM | Message # 7
Leecher
Hi, thanks! ^^
Hope to do good job.... even though i'm so late with my translations already... xD
Nice to meet you too! =D

Forum » Everyone » Introductions » Hola~~
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: